Monday, April 26, 2010

New Endeavor???

I am literally days away from the edge of the cliff that is the busy season. Every minute I live I am that much closer. I decided to make good of my time left to myself and my family. I am starting a new project, and for once, it will not cost me an arm and a leg. I was inspired to hand build my own chef knife.

I am a knife and cookbook junkie. I can never have enough of any of them. Something struck me that the ultimate of these collections is to have one to call your own. So my book is years down the road, but my own knife? I am very skilled with my hands and can learn anything by reading and research. Apparently lots of people do this and it is fairly common, affordable and available! I picked out the blade, and the wood and hopefully I can get all this stuff in before the season starts. I do not know if it is an onvernight thing or a several week thing...either way I will be more than happy with the results. Look for updates and check for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment